This policy will explain how we use the personal data that is collected from you when you use this website.
What data do we collect?
The visitor’s browser type
The date and time of each visitor request
We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Email addresses via newsletter signup or direct message
Provide, test, improve, promote and personalize services
Fight spam and other forms of abuse
Generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use this site
- Send site related communications
How do we collect your data?
Register for the newsletter.
Voluntarily complete a contact form or provide feedback via email.
Voluntarily fill out a comment on a post.
Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
How do we store your data?
What are your data protection rights?
The right to access
The right to rectification
The right to erasure
The right to restrict processing
The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability
Track whether or not you have opted in to allowing analytics for tracking
Understanding how you use our website
Technical support, such as Content Delivery Networks and maintaining consistency across load balanced servers.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Twitter - We provide twitter share buttons on our post pages. We use the "do not track" attribute with these buttons. However, Twitter does include additional cookies along with the embeds. Check Twitter for more information.
- Tracking Option - We provide a banner asking if you would allow for us to track information with Google Analytics. To improve user experience, we use a cookie to save your selection. This is to keep user experience consistent as they navigate the site. This information is not personally identifiable, and is not data that we collect.
- Github - We use Github for allowing users to comment on blog posts. We use them as a 3rd party plugin, and do not store any of that data on our servers. Feel free to contact us to remove comments stored in Github via issues. Additional data removal would need to be done by contacting Github.